Unwanted 72 is an emergency contraceptive pill. If you are thinking of consuming then check all the Side effects of Unwanted 72. In this article, we have covered all the necessary queries you want to know.
Women have been using Unwanted 72, an emergency contraceptive pill, on a large scale for many years. Being able to be used up to 72 hours after unprotected sex lowers the risk of an unplanned pregnancy, making it a popular method of contraception. Unwanted 72 does have some side effects, though, so women should be aware of these before using it.
What is Unwanted 72 and it works?
Unwanted 72 is a one-time-use emergency contraceptive pill containing Levonorgestrel, a synthetic hormone used to prevent pregnancy. It is a prescription medication that can be used for up to 72 hours after unprotected sex. Unwanted 72 prevents sperm and eggs from ovulating, fertilizing, or implanting in the uterus.
Most Common side effects of Unwanted 72
- Nausea and vomiting – In some women, unwanted 72 can cause nausea and vomiting. This is a common side effect that occurs within a few hours of taking the pill and can last for a day or two.
- Headache – A common side effect of Unwanted 72 is a headache. The severity of the headache varies by individual, but it is usually mild to moderate.
- Abdominal pain – After taking Unwanted 72, some women may experience abdominal pain or cramps. This is usually a minor side effect that can be treated with over-the-counter pain relievers.
- Dizziness – In some women, unwanted 72 can cause dizziness. This is usually a minor side effect that goes away on its own after a few hours.
- Fatigue – In some women, unwanted 72 can cause fatigue or tiredness. This side effect may last for a day or two after the pill is taken.
- Irregular periods – Unwanted 72 can cause menstrual cycle changes such as irregular periods or spotting. These changes are usually transient and disappear on their own after a few weeks.
Unwanted 72 rare side effects
- Allergic reactions: Unwanted 72 may, in rare instances, result in an allergic reaction. Hives, itching, swelling of the face or tongue, and breathing difficulties are all possible signs of an allergic reaction.
- Ectopic pregnancy – Although Unwanted 72 is quite efficient at preventing pregnancy, there is a little possibility that it could fail. Rarely, this could lead to an ectopic pregnancy, a critical medical condition that needs to be treated right away.
- Blood clots – Unwanted 72 may make some women more susceptible to blood clots, especially if they smoke or have a history of blood clots.
Side effects of Unwanted 72 on periods
Although this medicine is safe and effective to use in some cases, some women experience some Side effects of Unwanted 72 on periods.
Periods Cycle Length May change:
Side effects of Unwanted 72 on periods may Changes in a woman’s menstrual cycle’s length While some women may have shorter cycles, others may have longer cycles. Women have been known to completely skip their menstruation in specific circumstances.
Changes in the flow of Blood:
Side effects of Unwanted 72 on periods may affect the amount of bleeding that occurs during a period may change. Some women may experience heavier bleeding than usual, while others may experience lighter bleeding.
Timing of periods:
Side effects of Unwanted 72 on Periods may affect the timing of a woman’s cycle may change. Some women may experience their period earlier or later than usual.
Other potential effects
Unwanted 72 has the possibility of changing the length, flow, and timing of periods in addition to other possible side effects. Side effects of Unwanted 72 on periods may include the possibility of breast pain, bloating, and cramps.
Main Factors that Cause Side effects of Unwanted 72
Side effects of Unwanted 72 may develop in Women who take this pill, and the severity of those adverse effects is determined by a variety of variables. They consist of:
Young women get more affected by the side effects of Unwanted 72 rather than old women.
Overweight women may get more affected by the side effects of Unwanted 72 rather than healthy women.
Females who have hormonal abnormalities may get more affected by the side effects of Unwanted 72.
Side effects of Unwanted 72 may be more effective for women who use certain types of drugs like antibiotics and anticonvulsants.
How to manage side effects of Unwanted 72
There are numerous ways to handle the Side effects of Unwanted 72 if they affect your period:
After taking Unwanted 72, if you suffer cramps or discomfort during your period, you can get relief from the pain by using an over-the-counter pain reliever such as ibuprofen.
Monitoring menstrual cycle:
Tracking your period can be useful to better understand any changes in your menstrual cycle that occur after taking this pill. To monitor your period and record any variations in duration, flow, or timing, you can use a calendar or menstrual monitoring app.
Visiting a Doctor:
It’s important to visit a doctor if you notice side serious effects or if your period is drastically different from usual after using it.
Precautions to prevent Side effects of Unwanted 72
- Unwanted 72 shouldn’t be used regularly as a way to prevent pregnancy. It should not be used in replacement of usual contraception as it is only intended for emergency use.
- This should not be used by women who are allergic to levonorgestrel or any of the other ingredients.
- Before taking this pill, women with a history of blood clots, liver problems, or breast cancer should speak with their doctor.
- This should not be taken by women who are already pregnant because it won’t end the pregnancy.
To Know more about SIDE EFFECTS CLICK HARE
Unwanted 72 is a reliable and safe emergency contraceptive method, however, it can have some adverse consequences on periods. Although variations in cycle length, flow, and timing are frequent, there is still a chance for other adverse consequences to appear. After using Unwanted 72, it’s important to track your menstrual cycle and speak with a doctor if you notice any serious side effects or significant changes in your period.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
How effective is Unwanted 72 in preventing pregnancy?
Unwanted 72 is extremely effective in preventing pregnancy. If taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex, It is not, however, a 100% guarantee, and there is a small chance of failure.
Can I take Unwanted 72 if I am already pregnant?
Unwanted 72 should not be taken by women who are already pregnant because it won’t end the pregnancy.
How often can I take Unwanted 72?
It is not recommended to take this pill as a regular method of contraception, it is an emergency pill and only can be taken for protecting against unplanned pregnancies.
Will Unwanted 72 affect my future fertility?
No, there is no evidence that this pill affects future fertility. However, it is critical to use reliable contraception to avoid unintended pregnancy.
How long do the side effects of Unwanted 72 last?
This pill’s side effects normally last a few days to a week, but may last longer in some cases.
Can Unwanted 72 cause infertility?
No, there is no such evidence of causing infertility due to this pill, it only prevents pregnancy for short time.
Can I take Unwanted 72 during my period?
It is not required to take this pill during periods as this pill works to prevent pregnancy. During periods no pregnancy occurs. But if you still want to confirm consult a doctor.
How effective is Unwanted 72?
This is over 95% effective in preventing pregnancy when taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex. There is a little possibility that it could fail. Rarely, this could lead to an ectopic pregnancy.
Is Unwanted 72 the same as an abortion pill?
No, this is not an abortion pill, it is an emergency contraceptive to prevent unwanted pregnancy.